- Created: Saturday, 18 June 2016 11:03
- Hits: 5047
Student Government aims to create favorable circumstances for student self-actualization, foster students’ organizational and leadership skills, diligence, pride of the University, national identity etc.
The Student Council of the University is the highest executive body of student government. The Student Council is composed of two representatives of student government from each of the Lviv, Kharkiv and Cherkasy Institutes and The institute of Banking Technologies and Business.
The activity of student government depends on the corresponding regulations and the law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”.
Student government collaborates with the Administration and academic staff of the University to achieve the common goal, i.e. to improve the quality of education; with student, youth and charity organizations of Lviv, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Cherkasy and represents students of the University on the national and international levels. In particular, there is an active cooperation with the Ukrainian Association of the Student Government, where field committees and the control and revision commission represent the University.
Student government of the University is in charge of holding the largest annual charity event – Auction of Hopes. Student government volunteers are responsible for one more University project, namely “Financial Literacy”. Students regularly conduct classes on history of money for pupils at Institutes; throughout a year organize visiting lectures for children camps, mainstream and special education schools; provide financial counseling for charity funds, extended families and elderly people. Annually the University holds Thrift Day (30 October) and Global Money Week. Volunteers of student government are always involved in events aimed at promotion of Ukrainians’ financial literacy.
* defend students’ rights and interests;
* promote educational, scientific and creative activity of students;
* improve living and recreational conditions of students;
* encourage establishment of various student clubs, unions, sections and mentor their activities;
* collaborate with student government bodies of other higher educational institutions;
* encourage student secondary employment in their free time;
* advocate healthy lifestyle, prevent student misdemeanor;
* ensure participation in discussions of student international exchanges issues;
* provide comprehensive advocacy the image of Banking University and advertise it amongst the youth.
Student council IBTB
Council chair – Chyrva Nastya
Student council Lviv Institute of BU
Council chair – Stasuk Anna
Student council Kharkiv Institute of BU
Council chair – Kebedova Katya